Monday, August 07, 2006

New Prayer Meeting

We have started a new prayer meeting last week. It is a Saturday morning prayer meeting for all the young people to come together and seek God individually and corporately. We want to "P.U.S.H." (Pray Until Something Happen) together and see God's will be done in each of our own lives and in our generation. We believe that revival will come first in our own lives, and then to our generation.

Before the prayer meeting, God gave me this scripture: "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me." (Pro. 8:17) Then during the meeting, I read this verse again and found out that there is a great promise followed: "With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver. I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice, bestowing wealth on those who love Me and making their treasuries full." (Pro. 8:18-21)

Instead of looking to the world and seeking treasures, God wants us to look upon Him and seek Him first. Then He will show us how faithful He is: "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matt. 6:33)

He has already loved us before we love Him, but when we love Him, He loves us even more.

At the end of the meeting, one of the sisters prayed Psalm 24 over our generation: "Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob." (Psalm 24:3-6)

I was touched when I heard this prayer, because when I was on my way to the prayer meeting, one of the songs that I listened was "Give Us Clean Hands", which also came from Psalm 24.

"We bow our hearts, We bend our knees,
Oh Spirit come make us humble.
We turn our eyes from evil things,
Oh Lord we cast down our idols.

So give us clean hands, give us pure hearts,
let us not lift our souls to another.
And God let us be a generation that seeks,
that seeks your face, Oh God of Jacob.

We bow our hearts to you."
("Give Us Clean Hands", by Mark Schultz)

After the prayer meeting, I told the sister about this. We were both amazed, and believe that this is God's heart for our generation.

No comments: