Friday, December 29, 2006

Be Still and Know

Will you believe in God even when you do not understand what was happening? Can you lay down your own thinking and limitations for the Lord, and let Him accomplish what He wants to do?

"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Proverb 55:8-11)

"Jesus turns to Mary and says, 'Did I not say that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?' (John 11:40). He then declares that He knows God always hears our prayers (John 11:41) and confident in this He cries out, "Lazarus, come forth!? And Lazarus came forth, revealing a greater measure of who Jesus was, and a fuller realization of all things being possible. Now Martha, Mary, and Lazarus not only know Him as friend, Lord, Messiah, God, and healer, but they also know Him as the champion over death and every work of the enemy. And because God did it His way instead of their way, they had a greater revelation of who He was and so did their town! Revival broke out, and many came to know that Jesus was Lord (John 11:45). Praise God!

Don't look back on what didn't happen last year the way you thought it would. Look toward Jesus and praise Him that His ways are higher than our ways. Pour your heart out to Him. Believe that He hears every one of our prayers, and that if we simply stand in that belief we will see the glory of God. And that just like Martha, Mary and Lazarus we will not only see the promise come forth, we will see a greater revelation of Jesus! Who knows, it may even trigger revival in your town like it did in Martha and Mary's.

So stand in faith. Refuse any discouragement. Believe God to show up in surprising ways that reveal more of who He is to you than you have ever known before. Be excited that God is doing it His perfect way. And that he is doing exceedingly and abundantly beyond all that you could ever ask, think (Ephesians 3:20). And in 2007 may those things you felt died in 2006 be resurrected in even bigger and better ways to the glory of God. May this be the year you hear Him speak over you, 'Dreams and destiny come forth!' Bless you."

-- Excerpts from "Destinies and Dreams Come Forth!" by Rob Hotchkin, Extreme Prophetic's Devotional January 2007

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

"Be still and know that I am God.
Let Me come and do all I want to do.
Let go, be weak, give in, give up.
And I will do something new.

Rejoice in My presence, relax in My love.
Lay aside your agenda and receive from above.
Quiet yourself and remain here a while.
And I will do something new"

(Be Still and Know)

No comments: