Monday, November 26, 2007

18 Years

November 26, 1989 is the day I dedicated my life to Jesus Christ. Today is my 18th "birthday"! :)

Praise God for His wonderful love and faithfulness!!

In these past 18 years, God has walked with me and led me through some highs and lows, light and dark periods of time. Even the things that I could not understand before, or the times that I've lost my hope and strength, they are also parts of His amazing plan.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

There are so many things that I want to thank God for in this day, but above all, I want to thank Him for loving me so much.

I began to love God since 18 years ago, but God began to love me even before I was born.

Thank you Lord for pouring out His life and His love for me, so that I can have this freedom to live and to love.

Psalm 23 is what God has done in my life in these past 18 years:

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 23)

I believe that His goodness and love will continue to follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: