Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Let It Shine

Last night when I was organizing some computer files, I saw the new year resolutions that our Cantonese cell group made at the beginning of this year. When I was reviewing it, I realized that it's already November now, and we have only two more months for 2006! This year has gone by so fast, but there are still many things that yet to be done. I was saying to my friend today: "We need more time (for our 2006 new year resolutions)!!" :)

I found out that my new year resolutions in these past few years were actually quite the same. Every year I wanted to love God more and more, spend more time with Him. Live healthier. Treasure the people who I love and care, spend more time with them. Be more creative and productive. Learn and experience more new things. It was not easy to measure the achievements for these goals, but I just kept reminding myself to do as much as I could.

My sister and I watched the movie "Last Holiday" last week. The movie was funny and meaningful. It reminded me again to treasure the time and opportunities to set myself free to fulfill the dreams in my heart, and also treasure all the people and things in my life. This is not the only "reminder" that I've got recently, there are also some other messages that I received was speaking about the same thing. Life is really unpredictable sometimes, but thank God that He is in control. I put my trust in Him, and believe that He will give me the love and strength to treasure all these things that He has given me.

Last Sunday service I was very touched by the greatness of God and also the message and prayer. I began to sob since worship, and my tears still couldn't stop coming out after the meeting, not until my friends came to pray for me. It was interesting that before the Tuesday night prayer meeting, I thought that God would continue to break my heart even more, but then it turned out that I was smiled and laughed the whole time at the prayer meeting! We had a fun and victorious fight and celebration! God's thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are our ways His ways. We just have to be there and allow Him to accomplish what He desire and achieve the purpose for which He sent it.

May God's light continue to shine through our lives to bless others!

No comments: