Friday, July 07, 2006

True Friends

This week we had a Christian conference with some other churches. It was a three-evening conference, from Tuesday to Thursday, which called "Divine Power 2006". Every night I was so touched by God during the worship and prayers, and very encouraged by the messages.

But to my surprise, God has done an interesting thing for me in this conference. On Wednesday night, He has shown me that some people are indeed my true friends! I didn't fully realize what God was trying to tell me about this until I got home and picked birthday cards to write to a friend. When I was picking the cards, I saw one of them written: "A true friend listens with her/his heart, and hears the words you leave unsaid." Then I suddenly realized what God has shown me during the conference that night. He has opened my heart to see my relationships with these friends. Even though I have always known that they are special people in my life, but now God is showing me even clearer about that.

It wasn't a word or a picture that I have received in the conference, but just a deep recognition in my heart which knowing that these are my true friends. I was really amazed by how God has zoomed in on this fact and showed it to me once again, in a way that I could hardly explain or describe.

God has done lots of wonderful things for us in this conference, things that are greater than what we have seen or understand in these three evenings. But one of the things that I appreciated the most is the reveal of these true friendships. I couldn't thank Him enough.

Inside the card, it says: "Though time may pass, our hearts will always know true friendship."

Yes, I believe that.

No comments: